Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Damn you Conan O'Brien!

Tune in to Conan tonight to see a comic doing a joke painfully similar to one of my favorites in my act. It's a joke I've been doing for a while, and it was even my "Joke of the Week" in Time Out New York back in February.

It might just be a case of independent creation and if it weren't my favorite joke I wouldn't be so bummed.

Damn. Now if I continue to do the thing people are going to think I got it from this guy. Comedy sucks sometimes.

Anyway, here's me doing my version of the joke at a February '06 appearance at Zanies in Chicago, IL: (It's the 'dress for work' joke around the 1:00 mark).

7 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Hi Rob,

I stumbled upon a clip of yours online at Youtube. I like your style.
Have you ever had the opportunity to perform in Europe? Well, if you ever do decide to come over here, let me know. Wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Good luck with your shows. :)

Susanne

(p.s. Yes, I did try to post this thrice..)

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Faerie said...

You made me laugh so much with the Pachelbel rant... it was hillarious, thank you so much!!! :D
What about Spain for a show? :P

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger ca61areve said...

thanks for the laughs!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger ca61areve said...

...and i'm sorry about you losing that joke.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Blake said...

Good stuff, Rob. Very fresh and funny. Best of luck (and here's hoping that YouTube vid at Penn St. advances your opportunities. I'm sure it has already).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home