Sunday, April 08, 2007

Woo! Spring Break! Nebraska? wait...

I’m in Grand Island, Nebraska for 3 straight days for shows at three community colleges in the area, and since the shows are during the day I’ll have my nights free to do, um... yeah, I think I’m going to get a lot of writing done.

It was a magical trip into Grand Island, involving an overnight 4-hour drive from New York to BWI airport in Baltimore, a 7:30am departure, a connection at O’Hare, and a 150-mile drive from Omaha in a rented Dodge Caliber.

By the way, if you’re a bootlegger or a drug runner, the Dodge Caliber is the car for you. Thanks to its inefficient use of interior space, or its copious use of plastic molding depending on how you look at it, there’s a lot of room to create secret compartments and storage for special ‘cargo.’ I may try to find a few ounces of some sort of contraband to stash somewhere in the car before I return it, as a surprise to a subsequent renter.

Yes, I’m that bored.

It is Easter though, perhaps the town will be jumping tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Hey Rob. I'm from the Hastings Campus that you played at on Monday. Thanks for the entertainment. I wish I could have seen the whole show but I had to return to class. I liked the angry rock song! good stuff. Thanks again!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger SCC_ICEMAN said...

haha, going from New York to Central Nebraska talk about culture shock. You should really come to Lincoln.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger jules said...

laugh, BWI sucks in the mornings. I flew out of here in Feb, got there 2 hours early and got to stand in line for an hour and 50 mins before i even got to stand in the security line. Fun fun! smockblog.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home