Monday, March 05, 2007

Rock and Roll or Pathetic?

On a recent flight back to NYC I went from first class to no class in about 2 minutes and it was actually pretty fun.

First class accommodations come my way once in a while, not because I have any money to pay for them but because I have an assload of frequent flyer miles and upgrades. On this particular flight I decided to cash in some upgrades to move on up to the annoying little section in the front of the plane that everyone else has to walk by on the way to their seats. I think that's the most awkward moment of any flight, walking on the plane past the first class passengers, so I boarded the plane late to avoid the discomfort. My seat was going to be there whether I got on the plane first or last.

Boarding the plane later wasn't my only breach of first class etiquette though, I also turned off my cell phone when the flight attendants said to instead of talking on it until they told me for the third time to shut it off. And then there were my dress code violations: my tattered Carhartt jacket and faded jeans instead of business attire.

But the best part of the whole experience was getting off the plane first, walking down to the baggage claim, past all of the drivers holding signs for those they were there to pick up, outside past the taxi stand and straight onto the M60 bus. I hope some fellow first class passengers saw that and wondered why someone would go from a first class seat to an MTA bus without a second thought. Had they asked I would have told them "it's rock and roll, you wouldn't understand."

Or maybe it's just pathetic. Either way it was kind fun.

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger juli said...

Yeah, it's rock an roll :D

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Lol! I'm more a traveling engineer [of very very little] fortune, so I get to do that once in a while. The looks you get... ;-)

Thanks for the chuckle (also watched the Pachabel Rant). I'm totally going to check out some more of your work later. Found your site by random surfing. Really needed it this morning.

Ah well, off to a root canal (which that was a joke.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home