Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Trey Wingo just said "Waukegan" on the T.V.!!

My home town!! On ESPN's NFL Live!

It was in reference to a story about Bears defensive lineman Terry "Tank" Anderson who had to appear in court on a weapons charge. Since he lives in Lake County, Illinois, the county court is in my hometown of Waukegan.

Unfortunately Waukegan usually only gets mentioned in this context. I remember when Scottie Pippen of the (six time) World Champion Chicago Bulls had to appear in court for whatever shennanigans he was involved in at the time, they had reporters and news vans outide of the courthouse in downtown 'Kegan. It was the most exciting thing that happened since the grade school orchestra came back from a Nashville music competition with a gold medal (thanks in part to yours truly on the cello).

So Tank, welcome to my hometown. Might I suggest ordering a pizza from Mike's Pizza House or Gimano's (if you like Chicago thin crust) and if you're taking Washington Street back to Gurnee where you live, stop by. I got a hold of Madden 2k7 for XboX 360 and we can play a game or two. I'll even let you be the Bears.

11 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Ferrari said...

Congrats Waukegan!


I am from a small town that never gets mentioned in the news unless someone importaint is killed here... kinda sad and disturbing.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Him=, just wanted to point out that it is Tank Johnson and not Anderson. Go Bears!

PS
I live in Round Lake.

Keep up the good work!
Sean

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Rob P. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Rob P. said...

D'oh!

I was in such a rush to write the post I screwed that up! Forgive me Bears and Bears fans!

There's a Mark Anderson who also plays on the D-line and I think that's where I got mixed up.

That or I'm an idiot. Both plausible.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Erin said...

No, you're not an idiot. Just enthusiastic!

From one WAU homie (Wausau) to another, congratulations! It's always a good feeling when your little patch of the world get national notice.

I propose a US tour of towns beginning with WAU. This will bring you not only to Wausau, but Waukesha, Wautoma, Waunakee, and Waupaca. Just for starters.

And please, with all of the power you may hold in your heart, please, please let the Bears beat the Seachickens on Sunday. I will be doing my best to rock the blue and orange.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Shmuel said...

Interesting. When I hear "Waukegan," what comes to mind is "Jack Benny's hometown."

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger JenM said...

OMG! My mom worked as a nurse at the Lake County Jail. She lives in Kenosha, WI and I used to live with my dad in Deerfield! Go North Shore!

Rob, I really liked you just from seeing the Pachelbel thing on CollegeHumor, but now that I know you're a hometown boy you rock my face off!

Btw, I'm getting married in the summer of 2008 and I was thinking of using Pachelbel in the ceremony. Now that I've seen the rant I definitely have to use it. Although the whole time I know I'll be thinking "Do you have the time to listen to me whine, a ba da da da..."

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Xieta said...

Hi from Spain! I study Translation & Interpreting in college and today just before an Interpreting test our professor had us watch your Pachelbel rant. That laugh was all we needed to relax and focus for one of the hardest tests of our last 5 years!
So thanks for it, I'm sure that's what saved my test!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger From X World said...

Hi,Rob,you did so great !!!
I like your performance videos,I just discovered it today on Youtube web.It's so good for me to discover them ,great !
well,I'm planning to study music ,actually,I wanna be a singer,however ,I'm too shy to sing in front of people ,often get nervous,so my voice sometimes sounds a little quivering ...mm,not naturally,how could I get rid of my fears and do it better when I sing ? could you please give me some good advice?
Thank you very much !
and keep it up !
You're the best !!!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger mrpm12345 said...

Boy////// Am I iMPRESSED.Yahoooooooooo/But all this and not a call bout Da Bears. But we still Love You//


Perry and Your Mom

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger rockadrome said...

CROB!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home