Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bring in Da Funk!

Today at my laundromat there was a funk-off. I had no idea it was going to happen. There were no flyers posted or announcements made, but it's the only way to explain the amount of fragrant people that were milling about.

At first I wondered, "how do you decide to do laundry before clearing up the cloud of rotting ass smell that hovers around you." Then I realized that the hands-down winner of the funk-off wasn't even there to do laundry, he was just perusing today's Daily News.

Luckily it wasn't that crowded. I think other would-be competitors came in, took one whiff, and knew that they had no chance of taking home the title.

I did learn that Mountain Scent Downy is capable of repelling superhuman funk, for at least an hour. I folded as fast as I could and got out of there before any of the smellocules could settle on me or my clothes permanently, but I think I'll take an extra shower tonight before I head out to my friend's birthday party. I don't think they'd appreciate an impromptu funk-off.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger ~me said...

I've also found that carrying around a bottle of Febreeze and sneak attacking the rotting-ass smelling funky bunch with it works in the short run. They might be a little confused as to why their asses are suddenly damp and "outdoor fresh", but the rest of us will thank you for it.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Rob P. said...

An excellent idea! They should sell Fabreeze in little breath-spray-sized cannisters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home