Friday, October 14, 2005

From Chicago to the lobby of the Radisson in Norfolk


No, Gilbert Gottfried's not here in Norfolk, the pic is from last Thursday at Zanies in Chicago. It was great to meet a comic I've admired since before I started doing comedy, and someone who's known to the new generation as the AFLAC Duck. It was also a lot of fun to be back at a comedy club in downtown Chicago. That's one cool city.

Now I'm in beautiful Norfolk, Virginia where I picked up a last-minute gig at Old Dominion University, where I did a show with Tim Young, known to many as the Jet Blue guy.

This all makes me wonder what commercial I could be known for. I'd like to think that it would be something cool, extreme and youth-oriented like Mountain Dew, or maybe something with hipster cache like the uber cool iPod, but it would probably be something lame like Cracklin' Oat Bran cereal or I'd be some befuddled dad or dorky husband in a Home Depot commercial.

This is really why I say I won't do commercials, it's not because of my philosophical opposition to our consumer society, I'm just afraid of looking like a dork.

I mean, more of a dork than I usually do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home