Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Live from Rockegan

I'm back in my ancestral home of Waukegan, Illinois to see the family as my sister and her boyfriend of 15 years (a man whom I affectionately call my brother-in-common-law) are getting married at some point in the near future. I still say it's too soon, but I'll be glad to have the addition to the family, though it will ruin that clever little joke of mine.

What's worse is I'm on a win-tel machine. It's running windows Me, and it's only crashed three times in the past 2 hours. Does microsoft produce anything that doesn't crash? I swear, if they made cars there'd be wreckage strewn about the highways of America.

"What's that?" you'd ask.

"Oh, that's just the new Microsoft Inferno" I'd say. "They work for a few months, but if you don't update the engine every year other drivers will exploit security holes and cause some serious problems."

Speaking of flaming wreckage, during the drive in I had my first flat tire while on the interstate. After being a comic for nearly ten years on the road you'd think that would have happened more often. It added a couple of hours to an already long drive but on the upside I got to meet a pretty cool tow truck driver.

She was about 25, long sandy blonde hair and hands dirty from a day of working with cars. She was wearing a dark blue jumpsuit and, from what I could tell from the half undone top zipper, not much else...

Oh, wait. That's the letter I'm sending to Penthouse. Sorry.

4 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Rusty Scott said...

Where is that rockegan video at.
just thought I would say hello.
Rusty

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Rob P. said...

Well hello! The video was down for a while because I switched hosting servers, but I put it back up for a little while. Should be here. P.S. The Amstutz highway will be in the new Batman Begins movie this summer. My home town is world famous!!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Dru said...

Hey Rob! Dru here. Waukeganite born and bred. I even have a bumper sticker: I Like Waukegan. Yup, can't love it, just like it. Barely. I'm a total technodoofus but want to send your video to my Waukegan peeps. Any way you could post it with a URL? It's too big to send. Oh, and if Rockegan is so inspirational to rockers, where the heck are they? Heh. Best, Dru

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Dru said...

Oh, another P.S., I take it you're related to the former mayor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home