Friday, October 03, 2008

Joe Six Pack Inspired by Palin Speech

First of all, did she really use the term "Joe Six Pack"? Am I watching a real-life version of the Simpsons episode when Mr. Burns ran for governor and was trying to paint himself as a populist? Is she going to throw in "Johnny Lunch Pail" and "Eddie Punch Clock" next? Does she own a nuclear plant?

Here's what she said, regarding how to avoid an economic calamity in the future:

"...let's commit ourselves just every day American people, Joe Six Pack, hockey moms across the nation, I think we need to band together and say never again. Never will we be exploited and taken advantage of again by those who are managing our money and loaning us these dollars. We need to make sure that we demand from the federal government strict oversight of those entities in charge of our investments and our savings..."

As a middle-class American who enjoys the occasional beer, a Joe Six Pack if you will, I am inspired by Governor Palin and propose we all take this oath:

"I, Joe Six Pack, promise to never again be part of an economy that allows investment banks to sell mortgage-backed securities as AAA-rated investments. I promise that the next time the SEC has a quick meeting about letting the big investment banks raise their debt limit, a meeting that's not covered by any media outlets, I will somehow find out about it, punch out of work, drive to Washington and shout "No more!"

"I promise that between beers I will get an MBA and start analyzing the balance sheets of corporate America in order to see if they're hiding risky debt somewhere in outside special purpose entities, and I affirm that I will learn the identities of all of Washington's thousands of lobbyists and keep an eye on how much influence they have in the halls of government.

"I promise all of this because I am a patriotic American and apparently none of my elected officials nor their appointees thinks it's their job."

There. That should do it.

Now if there's a hockey mom out there who can come up with a similar oath for her people I think this country will be right back on track.

Thank you Ms. Palin!

3 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Cranky said...

no nuclear ownership, but she does say nu-cu-lar.

eddie punch clock...classic.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger SteveChopper said...

maybe she meant a tight six pack so targetting the fitness community :o) !!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Ooh, I wouldnt call her Ms. Palin -- she might get offended. She's a married woman -- shotgun wedding and all. Mrs. Palin -- Sarah if you're nasty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home