Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Scranton TV Rocks!!!

So I'm hanging out in my hotel room after my show here in Scranton, debating whether or not to drive back to the city tonight, and as I'm flipping through the channels I come across, on public t.v.'s channel 44...

POLKA FEST!!!

Oh my f&%^ing heck I LOVE Polka!

The band is set up on small risers at a local soundstage, there's a curtain backdrop with images of music staves projected on it by way of lights with gobos, the singer's wearing lederhosen, and there are about 20 couples dancing in front of the musicians. The youngest person has got to be at least 60 and there's so much puffy silver and blue hair flying around it looks like a cotton candy machine.

Now there's just one couple dancing as the rest watch, like a polka Soul Train line.

Someone's going to have a heart attack before this thing is over. It might be me, this music is insanely upbeat and cheery. Next time I'm depressed I'm not listening to Radiohead or Nirvana, I'm going on strict polka therapy, I'll either snap out of it or kill myself.

Holy crap, this dude's accordion is electric! How cool is that?

As a comedian I know I should be watching the late night talk shows, keeping my finger on the pulse of comedy and current events, but I can't turn away!

Great, this will probably go on for hours, I won't be able to turn it off and go to sleep, and tomorrow when I need 2 Red Bulls to make the short drive back to the city I'll have polka to blame.

I wonder if my satellite radio has a polka channel?

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger DaealusandIcarus said...

"It started in Scranton, its now number one, The Pennsylvania Polka..."

By the way, is there a Pacahbel Polka?

Love the Pachabel on you tube.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home