Sunday, July 16, 2006

Chappelle's Show Lost Episodes

I have to take issue with Comedy Central’s promotional campaign of the return of Chappelle’s Show, to wit, their ads calling these new episodes the “lost” episodes.

When exactly were these episodes lost? Last I heard the third season shut down because Chappelle had a bad reaction to 50 million dollars and ran off to Africa, not because the tapes were lost.

I suppose that during the shuffle of canceling the show and trying to salvage as many episodes as they could out of what had already been shot, someone could have also misplaced the episodes; but to imply that the main reason episodes are only now being broadcast is because they were lost is just a little disingenuous. But I guess to call them the “lost” episodes is better than “the Dave freaked out and ran to Africa” episodes, so what are you gonna do?

And while I’m criticizing the only cable channel that’s ever deemed me worthy of broadcast, I must also impugn the Mind of Mencia promotion that claims “everyone’s going down” because Carlos uses an extensive range of racial and ethnic stereotypes in his act.

Excuse me, 'we’re going down?' The most generic and ham-fisted jokes about demographic tendencies are going to somehow bring us down?

“Look out! He’s got a knock-knock joke! The G-8 summit is about to be thrown into chaos!” It's going to take more than a German/Honduran named Ned screaming into a microphone to bring me down.

But I still love Comedy Central with all of my heart and I think it's the best channel on my basic cable system! And I know that they are wise and good and just and will soon realize that producing my half-hour stand-up special would be a brilliant move both artistically and financially. I have over 30 friends on myspace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home