Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A ringing in my ears

Today as I was coming out of the post office, the pay phone in the lobby started to ring. First of all, I forgot that there were things called payphones and it’s been a long time since I heard a phone ring with an actual ring, like from an actual bell, instead of someone's favorite Black Eyed Peas song.

My instincts told me to keep walking because touching an NYC public payphone is something that voids my Blue Cross coverage. But then I thought, what if it’s Morpheus? What if he has information vital to my conquering of the matrix?

It was the morning, I was groggy as I walked through Manhattan so the idea that the call was intended to free me from a world of malevolent creation seemed plausible. But I soon came to my senses. It couldn’t have been Morpheus.

It was probably Tank.

See, Morpheus would be in the matrix with me, trying to help me bring it down from the inside. Tank would be back at the Nebuchadnezzar monitoring our progress and plotting our course back to the real world.

So sorry Tank for not taking your call. Try my cell or hit me up on IM and I'll try to get back to you.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Wait a second. How do we know it was the "blog administrator" who deleted the previous comment and not an Agent? Or maybe it was that program that transforms itself from one crotchety old black lady to another. Or maybe it was the guy wearing women's clothes and creeping everyone out. It could totally be that guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home