Monday, July 17, 2006

Previously on 24... You got drunk and passed out for 2 hours

Then you woke up for an hour. Then you passed out again for the next 9.

At least that's what I think happened. Either that or Fox TV just ruined my summer.

I got into 24 halfway through the season this year, and since Fox has been rebroadcasting 2 episodes each Friday night over the summer I've been been using my DVR to catch up on the beginning of the season.

At least that was the theory, anyway. Tonight it was time to watch the second of the two episodes that were broadcast on July 7th. I watched the first one last week and this is the first chance I've gotten to see the next. They went through the "Previously on 24" bit and I didn't recognize anything.

I thought, "did I come home loaded one night this weekend and watch then erase a bunch of episodes?"

I checked the dates on the DVR, and then the hours of each episode and sure enough Fox skipped from the 1-2pm show at 8 to the 4-5 pm show at 9. To make matters worse, the first episode on July 14th was the 3-4am show, skipping over 10 episodes! Now we're caught up to the part of the season I've seen already and I still don't know who that bald asshole with the bluetooth headset is.

I haven't been this confused by my DVR since it taped old Battlestar Gallactica instead of new Battlestar Gallactica.

cut to me on the couch with my remote control.

"Wow, Starbuck is looking pretty butch. And Adama went grey faster than Bob Barker."

Cut to the set of the Price is Right. Bob Barker is on stage with jet black hair.

Bob Barker: "And the actual retail price is..."

A bell goes 'ding' and Bob's hair turns white.

Bob Barker: "Seven hundred and fifty dollars!"

Cut to the Family Guy's writer's room

Writers: "Quit stealing our bit!"

2 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, Blogger Colin said...

I completely had this same experience with "24" this summer and completley lost the thread. They had me... then they let me go. Kind of like an episode of "24." Except THIS time, I'm NOT paying for any damn iTunes episodes.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Toxic Pop Video Podcast said...

Dude. Netflix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home