Thursday, September 01, 2005

Looks like I picked the wrong week for a road trip


Look like I picked the wrong week to be on the road.

To prove I'm in the heartland, here I am in front of a Steak -n- Shake in Indiana. It's a midwest thing, you wouldn't understand. Or maybe you would, it's just a fast food place, really.

I left Pennsylvania yesterday and gas was $2.67 per gallon, by the time I got to Indiana it was $3.20. It's times like this I'm glad I have the Honda Civic VX and even though it has about a billion miles on it it still gets over 40 miles to the gallon. I enjoy pulling up to gas stations next to yuppies in nice new SUVs. I'd love to be around to see them explain to their children that they can't go to college because their parents blew all of their money driving a tank around town.

We all make our choices. Yeah, my hatchback keeps me from impressing the ladies, but it's hard to pay for a date when your card got maxed out at Citgo, so I think my time may have finally come.

The trip's been great so far, the show at Penn State Berks (P-SUB!) was a lot of fun, and I had a great time in Indianapolis last night doing a guest set at Crackers and meeting some really great people. So the gas money's been worth it.

And let's all help the people in trouble after the hurricane. Americares.org, the Red Cross, and I'm sure many other relief organizations could use whatever we can put together.l

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home