Thursday, September 22, 2005

Carpetbaggin'

"How come all of our comics are Yankees?" asked a student before last night's show.

Apparently all of their comedians this year have been from New York and other places north. It's probably because all the southern comics are out on the road getting paid a billion dollars for making fun of other southerners. Oh Larry the Cable Guy, someday I aspire to be as witty and insightful as you.

My one-day, guerilla strike into Aiken, South Carolina went well, and no brigades mustered against me so I guess the Civil War is actually over. Phew. I was a little worried, being from Illinois, the Land of Lincoln. But except for the "Y" word there were no problems.

Actually the people at the school were wonderful and the woman was kind of kidding when she said it. And, in all honesty, my biggest problem with being called a Yankee is that I'm a Cubs fan.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Willie B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Natwho said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home