Monday, January 28, 2008

Another career milestone!

A quote from my act has been immortalized in t-shirt form, woo!


front row L to R: Roger, Rachel V.; back
row L to R: Rachel D, Leah, Mary, Me and Sarah


Saturday night I emceed a battle of the bands at Wartburg College in Iowa and some of the nice folks in the music department made up t-shirts with a line from my Pachelbel
Rant: "Punk music is a joke, it's really just baroque." And if that
weren't impressive enough, the back of each shirt bore the name
"Johann", a reference to another line in the rant.

I was quite
flattered by the gesture, and having gotten the t-shirt before the show
from the bassist in a couple of the bands, I knew it was going to be a
fun night. I love it when there's a big crew of music people in the
crowd.

Thanks Wartburg! You warmed my heart (which wasn't easy because it was like 2 degrees all week).

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Decisions, Decisions said...

I love it. I want one! Any possibility that these might become available for fans everywhere???

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This post totally made my day! It was really the highlight of the entire school year to be able to see you perform! When my music major friends and I found out back in September that you were coming, we practically started counting down the days right there.

And again, you're welcome for the shirt. :-) I am really really really glad you like it!

Thanks a million times over for the intelligent, music related humor. It's funny, because it's true!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Bryan said...

I'm the bassist that gave him the shirt. It was great to meet the guy I've been watching on YouTube for so long...not to be creepy or anything....

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

I'm glad I witnessed such a momentous occasion!
I didn't know how to send you the link, so here it is! www.lampost.com hope to see you if you are passing through again.
Keep Rocking

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I wanna be a Johann too!;D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home