Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am so goth


This is what rock stars do on their days off on the road: they find the nearest claim to fame and take their picture in front of it.

Here I am in Eldon, Iowa in front of what's called the "American Gothic House," so named because it is the house in the background of Grant Wood's famous painting American Gothic, seen below:



Um, that's about it. That's all I got.

Oh, I went to a Quizno's too. They have that here in Iowa.

Honestly though, I'm having a blast. The shows have been fun, and tonight on my night off I sang Crazy Train at live band karaoke here in Des Moines. It was a freakin' blast. I highly recommend doing live band karaoke before you die.

The American Gothic House on the other hand, not really necessary.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Matt Douglas said...

Rob,

I just posted about you on my blog. Hope you'll check it out

- Matt

---
Party planning and online invitations at MyPunchbowl.com

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Crazy! I used to work in Eldon. And live in Ottumwa. This was not what I expected to find stumbling tonight....*check clock* er, this morning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home