Saturday, November 10, 2007

November thus far...




Dang, another lapse in posts from the road, sorry to anyone who might be waiting. In my defense, November has been pretty crazy thus far, with my 11th show in my 10th city of the month. Check out the map above, that's where I've been since my Nov. 2 show in Erie, PA opening for George Carlin!!

Opening for Carlin was absolutely amazing, though the first night was a little hectic. Not just because I drove the 7 hours to Erie, and it was the first night of a 4-show, 3-city weekend performing to crowds of over 1,000 people at each show. Right after my sound check, the power went out. Not in the theater, not in the building. The power went out in Erie, PA.

I guess the universe wants to make sure I'm staying on my toes. After an hour delay, the show went really well, and the rest of the weekend was incredible. In Columbia, MO we did two shows that were packed, and Louisville last Sunday was a great way to cap off the weekend. As I said "so long" to Mr. Carlin, he said back "be cool."

Carlin saying "be cool" to you is an instantly fulfilled directive, you're automatically cool when George Carlin is the one telling you to 'be cool.' I may be doing some more dates with him in March, stay tuned!

And now I'm back in Wisconsin--WISCONSIN!! KHAN!!!! (sorry)--where I have a run of 7 colleges in 5 days. How is that possible, you ask? Nooners! Wednesday and Thursday I had a noon show at one college and a nighttime show at another. It's busy but it's great to have the work and the shows have been a lot of fun.

I've also been learning a lot about Wisconsin. For example, I learned that people in Fond du Lac have been lied to all of their lives. As I mentioned the last time I was here, Fond du Lac means 'bottom of the lake.' When I said this on stage a student sitting near the front said "it means foot of the lake," to which I replied "well, French for 'foot' is 'pied' so I don't think so."

"That's what they taught us in school," she replied.

So there you have it, the Fond du Lac Chamber of Commerce has been brainwashing their children.

I wonder what the kids in Platteville were told in school. Hmm, I'll ask them tonight.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Angie said...

We really enjoyed seeing you in Louisville (I was the girl in the front row who laughed a little too loudly at the 'Friends' theme/Pavlov bit)- come back any time!

-Angie

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger predainaj said...

Hey Rob,

I'm that one cellist from kenosha (by the Mars cheese castle) that talked to you about Pachelbel's Cannon after your show at Platteville but while i was listening to Linkin Park's new album i heard this song that reminded me of Pachelbel it and i got freaked. Its off of their Minutes to Midnight album and it's called "In Between". The whole thing is like a Pachelbel cello solo. If you ever come over to the darkside (aka Facebook) i'll be your friend, lol i hate myspace... sorry

~jp

PS (are the bears going to the super bowl this year? OR EVER AGAIN?!) LoL

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger MAGOO said...

You're welcome back at St. Scholastica anytime.
I noticed you got the showing up to work in one of the recent editions of readers digest. Nicely done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home