Thursday, September 13, 2007

You Betcha

Oh, yah. Downtown Fargo.

It's pretty nice actually, and I found a cozy little coffee shop with some WiFi so I can make good on my resolution to get updated.

It was last weekend that really threw me off. Thursday I had a show in Springfield, IL, Friday I flew to Bangor for a show at the University of Maine, and then Saturday I had to hop a couple of planes to get down to Williamsburg, VA for a show at William and Mary.

The upside of all of that travel was that the shows were a blast. At William and Mary there were several students from other nearby colleges that crashed the show and Lodge 1 in the student union was so full they actually had to turn people away.

Now I've made my way to the upper midwest and so far it's been pretty cool (and chilly). Tuesday at Bemidji State was a ton of fun, a crowd full of music nerds. My people! After the show I hung out in beautiful downtown Bemidji (home of the famous Paul Bunyon and Babe the Blue Ox statues) and I had a great time even though three of my four songs on the jukebox got axed by the bartender. Guess he has a problem with REO Speedwagon. Commie.

We'll see if Fargo is kinder to my music choices...

4 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Sara said...

We were glad to have you! I'll keep an eye out for your shows in Minneapolis. Good luck on your tour!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Sara said...

P.S. That sewing kit they gave us at your show actually came in quite useful...who'da thought...

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger andyourlifesucked said...

Hey if you are ever back in the Fargo area and you want to find an interest coffee shop you should check out the Red Raven.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Richard said...

What's the point in a bar having a jukebox full of songs the staff don't want to hear? That's like a radio station full of DJs who can't stand the music they play...

...

...On second thoughts, that's not daft at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home