Sunday, November 19, 2006

I've cut and run... from my land line

I finally cut off my land line and gone completely mobile. I weighed the pros and cons of keeping it for quite a while, but the choice was made clear when I realized the main thing I used the line for was calling my cell phone to make it ring so I could find it.

For $45 a month I think I can look around my apartment a little longer.

Verizon of course tried to scare me into keeping it, telling me that if I ever called 911 on a cell phone the emergency services would never be able to find me and wouldn't even bother trying because I had the gall to call them on a cell phone like some Hollywood hotshot, but Verizon and I have a troubled past and I think it's best to move on.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Kayla said...

if I ever called 911 on a cell phone the emergency services would never be able to find me

Wow... they actually tried passing that off on you? It's not true. Cell phones have a special GPS device for just that reason.

Btw, I found your Pachelbel video on YouTube, and through that found your website, you're an absolute hoot!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Some Guy said...

Have you ever tried to call 911?

I called the police to report an attempted mugging in my hometown. I gave them a description of the perp, the direction he headed, and even the type of knife he had.

Their response?

"Are you hurt? No? Well, what do you expect us to do?"

911. Feh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home