Thursday, April 22, 2010

I just lost over 3,000 fans!

Well, the lunkheads at facebook changed their site again and now instead of people being a "fan" of the official Rob Paravonian page they now simply "like" the Rob Paravonian page. And the people and things I was once a "fan" of I now, according to facebook, merely like. How lame is that?

Being a fan of something is more than hitting the like button, it's actually being involved in it. If I'm a fan of a band I don't just like them, I'm going to try to see them when they're in town, I'm going to check out their new video when it's posted online, I want to know when their new album is coming out. I don't just like them, I like like them.

So now, instead of having a group of fans that I think may be interested when I post a new video or something, facebook tells me that a bunch of people "like" me, in the same way they "like" someone's status update or a picture of a lol cat.

So thanks, facebook. I was once a comedian who felt like he had people interested in his work and now I'm a f#$%ing Lol Cat. I can haz audience?

To the many folks that were once my facebook fans, I miss you!

Lol Cats are freakin' funny, though.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger SopranoAscending said...

FB is a wonderful pain in the ass. My thought is that they don't want to give away advertising, which is what fan sites allow, right?

I just ran into you Pachelbel litany. My head is buried in opera scores, but I do follow stand-up, and I've got a rock and roll heart (Clapton IS God). I tweeted Craig Ferguson and Stephen Fry with a clip. You would be perfect for Ferguson's show. His personal asst. is Rebecca Tucker.Go for it!
Best of Luck,
Christine
www.sopranoascending.wordpress.com

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Despite how much that really sucks, don't let FB's half-assed policies get you too down. A friend of mine recently pointed me in the direction of your 'Pachelbel Rant' clip on Youtube, which not only led to me watching every video you had posted on YT, but also to buying 'Living it Down' and 'Songs from the Second Floor'. And then recommending them to my roommate, boyfriend, mother, sister, and brother-in-law. I'll be keeping an eye out for any future releases.

Definitely better than a LOL-cat :)

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Conny said...

hey,
wanted to say: good work! found you here because of a friend from the USA, started to listen to more songs! go on! and don´t let u bother by this FB stuff, you made this song abouot facebook, so if people like or like like you and your work, they will follow you;)
regards from germany

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Conny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home