Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sometimes it's better not to headline...


With headlining goes the glory of the show. You're name is on the marquee and you're the one people are there to see. On the flipside of that is that if the show isn't a success the blames falls on you, whether it's deserved or not.

I pondered this tonight while waiting for my dish to arrive at the restaurant here in Durham, NH before my show tonight at UNH, where I'm opening for Adam Ferrara. I did a google search on my name and the the school's name to see if they had done any promo and this article from The New Hampshire, the UNH student newspaper, came up.

Here's a gem of a sentence buried about 7 paragraphs in:
However, most students had never heard of him [Adam Ferrara], and said they don't plan on attending Saturday night's festivities.

Nice. I'm glad the writer didn't ask the student about me.

"What do you think of the Pachelbel comic guy who's opening the show?" "The Pachelbel dude? F. that guy."

Besides the great buzz this article is sure to generate, it's 80-some degrees and sunny today so I don't know how many people are going to be in the mood for a comedy show. All across campus and in town people are out and about, and a general giddiness is in the air thanks to the early preview of summer weather.

But I'm still psyched to be doing the show. It's a beautiful day to be in New England, I'm opening for a big name, and after my set I can sit back and enjoy the show because I get the night off from headlining. Cool.

3 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Aw, man, you need to update your calendar. I didn't even know you were in the area. I totally would've made the trip up from Boston.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Nascerepuccino said...

Greeting from Malaysia, Hi Rob !
Been following you since last year. Spotted you on youtube! Any tour to Asian, Malaysia especially ?

Keep up your great job man! Cheers!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

I realize I'm a few months late, however, I'm from the UNH area and I know me and all my friends would've been there in a second had we known about you being here. BUT... You're completely right, I have no idea who Adam Ferrara is and I'm going to have to look him up now because I'm curious. I've yet to find any of your material I didn't like, so keep up the good work, and thanks for all the laughs! ~Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home