Thursday, January 22, 2009

I KNEW it! Obama administration starts with pack of LIES!

So the AP says the music that the quartet played at the inauguration was canned, i.e. pre-recorded. IS THERE NO END TO GOVERNMENT DECEPTION?!?

I knew it. Deep down in my bones. Being a former cellist the first thing I said when I saw the quartet playing at the inauguration was "it's too damned cold to be playing stringed instruments outside." Even if your fingers don't go numb there's no way to keep the dang things in tune.

I once played an outdoor gig in 50 degree weather and could barely knuckle through Johnny B. Goode on the bass, so I knew something was amiss.

But hey, I figured, it's Yo-Yo Ma, he's the most famous cellist of his day. He can do it. He probably has high-tech outdoor climate control technology, keeping his performance area at optimal temperature and humidity levels at all times.

Turns out they used the same technology the Pussy Cat Dolls use in concert, a freakin' record player.

Damn, just when I was finally becoming undisillusioned.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Jude said...

No wonder Yo-Yo was smiling. Still, taped or not, they were my favorite part of the inauguration (much better than that pathetic poem). I played my brass instrument in Breckenridge's night-time Ullrfest parade one January. Even antifreeze couldn't keep our valves moving.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Neo said...

This is ridiculous. Window dressing from the get-go.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger rooruu said...

Oh, I did chuckle at this blog entry. Millions view your YouTube rant, and of COURSE you'd know cello technicalities at a moment like this.

As opposed to Jude, I did like the poem. More than the music, Milli-V/PCDolls or not.

I enjoy your blog. Are you coming to Australia sometime?

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger GSarchet said...

It is a standard to do live programming like this these day, utilizing technology. Examples, I have played on the Oprah show with the same technololgy, and 2) recently backed of the rock band Yes with the same technology.

No big deal.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Guaica said...

Hey!!! I am missing something here... if you know how hard is to keep the instruments in tune at those temperatures, and you know how hard is to play in those condition, and who was going to be tuning the Piano there... Aren't you guys extrapolating a bit TOO much.

Please get real!! The musician are UNIQUE and freshly recorded... There IS NO relation between that event and what Mr. Obama can do... And/or will do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home