Monday, January 19, 2009

A Non-Smoker's V-Chip?

I wish there were some way I could explain to my T.V. that I'm not a smoker because I'm getting pretty tired of the escalating grossness of anti-smoking ads.

The most recent offender is an ad in which they snake a video camera down into the lungs of someone with lung cancer, giving us the viewer an up close and personal look at the patient's tumors.

Thanks. I'm trying to enjoy a football game with my friends and now I'm about to hurl into the spinach and avocado dip.

But I'm not, and never have been, a smoker, and I'd like to not put up with this public service overkill. So I'm going to invent a non-smoker's V-chip I can install in my T.V. so when these ads come on I'll get instead ads for Doritos, or beer, or something else that can kill me legally.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger J.R. said...

Make this and I'll buy one. The ones that get me the most annoyed are the 'Truth' commercials, with a bunch of too-eager kids. While I've never smoked and never had any real desire too, I sort of want to start (in a cut-off-your-nose-to-spite-your-face-kinda-way, as my mom would say) in retaliation.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger J.R. said...

Make that any real desire 'to'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home