Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hey White People

Seriously, we've got to chill out on the sandals and flip flops in public. I was on the train today and I saw a young man wearing those Teva-style sporty sandals, no socks, just his dry-ass toes hanging out.

By the way, it's January and we're in New York. I don't care if it was a balmy 45° today, this is just unacceptable.

The subway is unpleasant enough, I don't want to see your damn feet. And I know this kid had enough money to buy shoes, he was wearing a tweed blazer, two polo shirts (you know, because layering is all the rage), and tan linen pants. Linen!

Put Some Fucking Shoes On.

I don't care what the kids in the Abercrombie catalog are telling you to do, they aren't in the most crowded city in the country riding a 100-year-old subway system. If they they were it wouldn't be all LaCrosse and Frat Boy Latent Homoeroticism, they'd for damn sure be wearing some sturdy shoes.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

You tell 'em, Rob!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home