Thursday, July 14, 2005

Kickin' it in Kabul

Hey kids,

Layin' back in Camp Phoenix in Kabul Afghanistan. We've done a couple of shows at other small bases, and a place that if I told you about military intelligence would kick my ass.

We take convoys from base to base here in the greater Kabul metroplex, one convey included two armored Humvees with 50 caliber machine guns mounted on top. Pretty bitchin'. Also we wear flack jackets and kevlar helmets when we travel. I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like we're playing Crown Heights.

Folks!

Sorry Crown Heights, I only have a minute on the computer and it's the only neighborhood that popped into my head. I'll post pictures when I get home.

Rock on!

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Glad you are okay and thanks for the update. Sounds like quite the adventure. Have fun doing the rest of your gigs and a safe return. I will bring cupcakes to Sin Sin when you're back cause you missed the other ones (do they have cupcakes on the military bases?).

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Elon James White said...

And he blogs! Blogs in afghanistan. Insane. Insane I say. Hurry up anf get back here dude. My heart can't take it.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Richard said...

I think you should placate all tastes and publish photos of Kabul and Crown Heights. Which songs are rockin' da troops?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Baron said...

Glad to hear you're okay Rob. I need some good music in my life mixed in with great comedy. I hope you're making the troops laugh and remember what they're fighting for. Ugh, I better stop before I become a PSA and I'm surrounded by wolves

 

Post a Comment

<< Home